Facilities and Service Provision
Leichhardt House provides all the comforts of home, with high levels of pastoral care provided by our experienced and formally qualified Hostel Manager and Houseparents. The staff endeavour to provide a ‘home away from home’ environment underpinned by the systems and structures necessary for meaningful, participatory and inclusive communal living.
At Leichhardt House, the fully air conditioned facilities include:
- detached [fully secure] accomodation for boys and girls with separate junior and senior solar powered ammenities in each area;
- modern lounge and dining areas;
- contemporary commercial kitchen;
- recreation room with mirrored dance rehearsal area, pool table and relaxation area incorporating state of the art wide screen projection system for games/movie nights;
- covered BBQ and numerous outdoor recreation areas including basketball and touch football areas.
Hostel Service Provision
Benefits of weekly boarding at Leichhardt House include:
- administration provided by a committee that strives for excellence;
- care provided by highly experienced and formally qualified staff;
- three meals and fresh lunches, from our kitchen, provided daily;
- school uniform laundered daily;
- formal supervised study periods;
- monitored internet access;
- two free pool/gym visits per week;
- access to community based extra curricular school activities and community based activities such as sports clubs for midweek training, music tuition and dance;
- eligible students may obtain casual employment locally, by negotiation and with parental consent;
- transport to/from all local activity/employment etc. is provided.